Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another Night of Leftovers

I can't remember if I wrote about my weigh-in yesterday so just in case, I lost 2#s last week and my Daily PointsPlus Allowance dropped again (just 1 PointsPlus lower).

Last night's meal was INCREDIBLE! The bread was very easy to make, BUT I ran out of butter and Parmesan cheese so had to add some making the PointsPlus value go up to 5 (it was originally 4). Not sure why it worked out that way, but it was so good I'm going to leave it that way since it's only 1 extra PointsPlus. The roast was tender and juicy. I've fixed that dessert before and was once again pleased with the results.

A product I want to recommend today is Jimmy Dean's D-Lights. I get the one with sausage on an English muffin. It's quick and easy and only 6 PointsPlus. That's about my limit for a breakfast item, but I like it when I know I'm going to be eating lunch late. Today I'm having lunch with my Sister-in-Law (Amanda). We are going to Chili's. I did a google search for "Chili's nutrition" and found a website with 3 pages of listings from their menu. I will be going through it, calculating PointsPlus so I can figure out what I'm going to eat BEFORE going to the restaurant. I've done it the other way before...choosing what I thought was healthier, only to come home and find I was way off! I was at Ruby Tuesday's or Applebee's (can't remember which) one night and REALLY wanted a Philly Cheesesteak. I decided to be "good" and ordered grilled salmon with vegetables. I got home and figured the PointsPlus. I could have had the Philly Cheesesteak AND FRIES for 1 PointsPlus LESS than what I ordered! Nowadays, if I'm unsure of PointsPlus values before going, I order grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables. No, it's not on the menu, but if they sell chicken breast and vegetables, they will fix it that way for you.

No comments: