Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crock Pizza

Sorry for the long delay. It took me a little longer than I thought to be okay after my baby graduated high school. I think I'm better now.

I'm going to start writing about the meals we had the night before so I don't have to change things based on how it turned out. If I write AFTER I fixed it, I can include the notes in the original recipe.

So, last night we had Crock Pizza. My Mother-in-law gave me this recipe several years ago and it's still a family favorite.

Crock Pizza

12 oz. pkg Kluski noodles (I have ONLY been able to find these in Nebraska)
1 1/2 #s ground beef (I use venison)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 # mushrooms, sliced
16 oz jar pizza sauce
8 oz jar spaghetti sauce (haven't found that size so I buy a bigger one and freeze the leftover)
8 oz shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
8 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
6 oz pkg sliced pepperoni

Cook & drain noodles. Meanwhile, brown ground beef, onions, green pepper and mushrooms. Drain. Add sauces to meat mixture and simmer well. Layer twice (noodles, meat sauce, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni) in crock pot on high for about 30 minutes.

OR

layer in 9x13 casserole dish sprayed with Pam. Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes.

Yield: 8 servings at 6 PointsPlus each.

No comments: