Friday, March 18, 2011

Gonna try this again...

Yep, it's been almost a year since I posted. I'm back on WW (doing the online program) and exercising. I've lost 13.5 pounds and am feeling good about that. Tonight we're having spaghetti. The "recipe" isn't written down so kinda hard to share, but it's about 10 points per serving (1 1/2 cups) and the garlic bread I make is 4 points per 2" slice. Since I can't list that recipe, I'm going to include what we ate 2 nights ago. This recipe started out as stuffed pork chops that were grilled, but one time I wanted to fix it and it was too cold to grill out. I changed it around, but never changed the name of it. Feell free to call it whatever you want if you try it and like it.

Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops

6 boneless center loin pork chops (1" thick, about 10 oz EACH)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 medium green pepper, choppped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp butter
1 pkg Stove Top Stuffing Mix
10 oz pkg frozen corn, thawed
1/2 c egg beaters

Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops. Set aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add stuffing mix, corn and egg beaters; mix well. Pour into a roasting pan (haven't measure mine, but it's bigger than a 9x13, but not the biggest one I have) that has been sprayed with Pam. Put pork chops on top of stuffing/vegetable mixture. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes (kinda depends on how thick the chops are). 1 chop and 1/6 of the stuffing/vegetable mixture is 8 pointsplus.

I started a "walking program" (http://www.familycircle.com/fc/printableStory.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/fc/story/data/1269279551482.xml&catref=fc71). It starts out very slowly (15 minutes of walking), but by the end of 12 weeks you are walking 4 miles.

I'm making a concentrated effort to post more. One of my sisters recently wrote on her blog (http://letmethinkonit.blogspot.com/) that she felt like Facebook had killed the Blog. It's unfortunate, but true. Hopefully, I will follow through with this new commitment.

No comments: