Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Workout

I've been doing "Walk Off the Weight in 12 Weeks" (http://www.familycircle.com/fc/printableStory.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/fc/story/data/1269279551482.xml&catref=fc71) but I wanted to add something else so yesterday I found this: http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/blbeginnerabs.htm?p=1 It's a beginner's ad workout. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to complete the workout except that when I did the final exercise (Superhumans), I had to stop at 5 reps (they recommend 10 reps). My knees were absolutely killing me. I will fold a towel or something to put under my knees today and try it again.

Tonight for dinner we are having:

Individual Tuna Casseroles

1 1/2 c uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
12oz white water-packed tuna, drained
10 3/4 oz can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
1 1/4 c artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
1/2 c reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 c roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
3 T chopped onion
1 t dill weed
1 T capers, drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t grated lemon peel
1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 c dry bread crumbs
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t Italian seasoning

Cook pasta according to pkg directions.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tuna, soup, artichokes, sour cream, peppers, onion, dill, capers, garlic, lemon peel and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; stir into tuna mixture. Divide among six 10oz ramekins or custard cups.

In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle over tuna mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

One serving is 9 pointsplus.

I will also be having a salad. I buy bagged salad (zero points) then will add 2 T Kraft Free Catalina (1 pointsplus), 1/4 c fat-free shredded cheddar cheese (1 pointsplus) and 1 T real bacon bits (1 pointsplus).

1 comment:

mary said...

These recipes look good. I will have to try them.