Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Birthday

Today I am 46. I'm okay with it. Kinda weird to actually write it down, but REALLY...I'm okay with it.

About a week ago, Joel (my wonderful husband) asked where I wanted to go for dinner on my birthday. I told him that I wanted him to cook for me. He makes INCREDIBLE pancakes. Also, I wanted some Boca "meatless breakfast links" (I guess they can't call them sausage?). They are to die for! And, they have fooled my dog (he thinks they're "real" sausage).

Anyway, no recipe for today, so instead I'm going to tell y'all about what I had for lunch. I usually eat leftovers from dinner the night before, but sometimes there are either no leftovers or the thing we had is too many points for a lunch so I buy LOTS of those frozen "healthy" meals. My favorite brand is Smart Ones, but I've been known to buy the occasional Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. The one I ate today is Healthy Choice Sesame Glazed Chicken. The disadvantage of buying this brand or Lean Cuisine is that they do not have the PointsPlus value on the box. It had the "old points" on it, which was 6. I got home and figured it out to be 8. Kinda high for a lunch, but I ate it anyway. It was good, but I probably won't buy it again because of the PointsPlus amount. I really like to keep lunch at 7 or less so this won't be detrimental to my whole day, but still not likely to repeat the purchase. I had 1 1/2 cups of fresh pineapple for breakfast (zero pointsplus) and a cup of coffee, which is also zero pointsplus BUT I insist on REAL SUGAR for my coffee. Yes, I drink Arnold Palmer ALL THE TIME made with Splenda, but just don't like the taste of it in my coffee.

No comments: